Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Time Away

Today we leave for Florida. A much awaited time-off from work, cold weather, and life in general. The day to day mundane things of life can be overwhelming sometimes. We haven't been on a vacation for almost two years now. I forgot how being away and seeing new things is like.

It's going to be a long time before we finally make it to our destination. We have decided to take a 19-hour train ride instead of flying. It's like our own version of Amazing Race. It's like an obstacle course we have to tackle to win the most coveted price of sun and sand!

First stop - Tomah, WI. We have to drive there to catch a train that will take us to Chicago, IL. From there, take another train to New Orleans, LA. This will be a very long train ride... I hope WIFI is available on board. Then, once we get to New Orleans, LA we will rent a car and drive 5 hours to Panama City Beach, FL. We will spend 8 days there. Hopefully we will have good weather!

I'm hoping to blog during my down time... why now? Well, I stumbled upon an old journal of our trip to LA seven years ago. Reading what I was feeling/thinking back then made me smile and I was able to re-live the journey. This inspired me to write again.

Now off to start our adventure!

No comments: